My advice to anyone wanting to deal with this company is to run away!Let my experience be a warning - my dealings with this horrible company is my first experience of ever shipping things down from the UK to Nigeria and, as you can see from the pictures attached, ALL my jewellery were stolen!

Jewellery that had been gathered during my (approx.) 10 years stay in the UK as a student. Even worse, the owner kept saying he will investigate and call me back - but he never did! I called him every time for those updates that never came!

I thank God for this experience as it was an eye opener into how Nigerian companies such as this treat people who are completely powerless about how their items are stolen.God bless the owner and everyone involved in the theft.

Review about: Geeomotayo Cargo Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Geeomotayo Cargo?

Comments

London, London, United Kingdom #1327666

Dear poster, we are sorry about your experience with our company especially being a first time Customer..

However we would like to highlight some few points below:

When you requested your pick up on our website, we asked for information about the contents of intended goods to be carried or shipped which you never mentioned the jewelries you mentioning now or such instead, what you filled/mentioned was "various" and and we regret on this occasion that we did not follow our due process of checking/verifying every contents as described/carried by a customer.

Your consignment may be among the ones Customs and other agencies has thoroughly examined by opening and as it is the duty of the Nigerian Customs service and other agencies to fully examine all goods and randomly open some consignments coming into the country and we do not have any powers or means to stop them from doing their jobs, some loss/claims and blames could be associated to them especially if it were some greedy miscreants that performed the operation.

We notified you that your goods were ready for delivery on the 12th Oct 2016 and full payment due as you were still in outstanding of the full freight amount, you didn't make any payment till 03 Dec 2016 after when we then delivered. You were informed that the goods would be moved to a storage handled by a third party company and demurrage charges of N2,500 per day from 17th Oct will be applicable which amounted to a total of...

Allowing your goods to stay beyond necessary for more than 47 days in the storage handled by a third party may not have helped equally in this matter.

So, in the light of all the above circumstances , it would be apparent that it's unclear as to where things went wrong. But We will however like to make it categorically and boldly clear that we are not thieves and do not steal people's belongings. Infact, a number of other customers has got testimonies about us on other independent review company: https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/geeomotayo-company-limited Delivery/cargo Service providers are prey to unfortunate occurrences and victimisation by certain circumstances and we are not an exception not even DHL, UPS and their likes..

We have however decided to offer compensation if you come forward in a reasonable manner and not in form of defamatory accusations to dent our image and integrity built over the years.We are committed to delivering the best to our customers at all times.